4D Euclidean space
10 Dec 2010:
9 Dec 2010: As holiday season approaches, we take a break from huge polytopes of the 120-cell/600-cell family and take a look at a sweet and simple member of the pentachoron family: the runcinated 5-cell. Here's a sneak peek at this little cutie:
26 Nov 2010:
- Added the runcinated 120-cell, a very beautiful uniform polychoron bounded by a whopping 2640 cells!
- Added splash pictures at the top of the page for each of the regular polychora: the pentachoron, the tesseract, the 24-cell, the 120-cell, and the 600-cell. If you're new here, now would be a good time to get acquainted with these 4D analogues of the Platonic Solids. The 600-cell, in particular, has a beautiful new cell-first projection.
22 Nov 2010: Finally!! We promised more chapters in the 4D visualization document, and here at last is chapter 10! In this chapter, we get to look at the hypercube from a brand new angle, and learn a bit more about 4D depth inference. More chapters are in the works; in the meantime, enjoy the new chapter!
19 Oct 2010: Added the truncated 24-cell, a uniform polychoron bounded by 24 cubes and 24 truncated octahedra.
18 Oct 2010:
- Added an animation to the grand antiprism.
- Added no_shadow to edges and vertices in POVRay output, so that edge shadows don't become distracting or mistaken for real edges.
14 Oct 2010:
- We're on the roll here. Added a perspective projection of the rectified 600-cell. Quite a pretty little thing.
- Fixed regular polychora coverage percentage. Oops!
- Also fixed some XHTML errors.
13 Oct 2010:
- After a long hiatus, we're back! We apologize for the long silence. Real Life and other such things intervened, but we're finally back, and with a bang too! Check out the newly-added rectified 600-cell. The first uniform member of the 120-cell/600-cell family featured on this site!
- Finally fixed the long-time missing thumbnail of the high-resolution render of the 120-cell on the 120-cell page, as well as some typos.